Seasoned computer literacy tutor Charlotte Stasio founded South Philly Senior Tech in May 2017. Our organization provides one-on-one instruction on the following topics:
- Social media
- Email accounts
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Adobe PDFs
- Online job applications
- Smartphones and tablets
- Anti-virus and anti-malware software
- Web browsers and web searching
Give students time to become comfortable with technology at their own pace.
Recognize each student brings a wealth of life experience to the table and each person learns differently.
Focus on the student's precise objectives and avoid overwhelming them with excessive information about technology or software.
Years of successful outcomes inform South Philly Senior Tech's approach to technology tutoring.
- Always one-on-one learning
- Students learn on their own devices to facilitate customized learning plans
- No tests, workbooks, or other rigidly structured materials
- Tutoring topics based on students' priorities and interests
- Students in the "driver's seat" at all times
Meet Our Instructor
Charlotte Stasio is a former public safety consultant living in South Philadelphia. From 2013 to 2017, she ran a computer literacy tutoring program at an Alexandria, Virginia public library branch. The program served dozens of seniors and adult learners from diverse backgrounds.
Charlotte brings experience as an analyst, copywriter, technical writer, graphic designer, and public relations professional to her position. She believes strongly in the power of technology to improve the lives of older adults in Philadelphia.